Here’s a selection of local links that you might find useful.
- Food & Drink
- Local Services
- Register Office
- Combwich wharf refurbishment-update
Anything missing? If you have a link that you think would be useful to add then please email it to us.
- Walking, riding and cycling in Somerset (Somerset County Council)
- Combwich Motor Boat and Sailing Club
- Contains Art
- Bridgwater Arts Centre
- The McMillan Theatre
- Weston Playhouse
- Tacchi Morris Arts Centre, Taunton
Food & drink
- Recycling and waste
- Information and advice about recycling (Somerset Waste Partnership)
- Household waste and recycling collections (Sedgemoor District Council) Bin collection dates
- An eco-friendly guide to home lighting (useful information on a commercial website)
- Find out where to recycle what (useful information on an external website)
- Some useful resources on recycling (external website)
- An eco-friendly guide to recycling electronic waste (external website)
Police (Avon and Somerset Constabulary)
Nick Mizon our Police Community Support Officer (PCSO) email Nick
- Take a look at the webpages for the police service
Our local doctors surgery with a range of NHS services is based in Cannington. More information on Cannington Health Centre
For those wish to become more involved there is the the online Patient Participation Group
The Village Agents scheme is in response to the fact that many people living in rural communities have difficulty in accessing key service and support agencies that help maintain your well being and quality of life.
‘The Community Council For Somerset is a charity which provides confidential advice and support using community based solutions. We run a series of projects one of which is the Village Agent scheme. Village Agents have a wealth of information and have strong community links. They can advise on local support available such as groups, transport, services, finances, employment, volunteering and more.
The Village Agents scheme is in response to the fact that many people living in rural communities have difficulty in accessing key service and support agencies that help maintain your well-being and quality of life.
To request the help of a Village Agent please contact the Community Council for Somerset
Email email@example.com or telephone 01823 331 222. For more information go to www.somersetrcc.org.uk for the full range of services available.
Need free, impartial, confidential and independent advice?
Sedgemoor Citizens Advice Bureau is available to everyone. The drop in centre has now moved to Clarence House, High Street, Bridgwater, Somerset TA6 3BH. Tel: 01278 4555236.
If you don’t need to see an advisor then take a look at their range of free confidential information and advice on Benefits, Work, Debt and money, Consumer, Relationships, Housing, Law and rights, Discrimination, Tax, Health Care and Education etc.
Feeling vulnerable and need someone to speak up for you?
Swan Advocacy in Somerset is a registered Charity providing an Independent Advocacy Service to vulnerable people in Somerset. Their work has a Mental Health focus helping Adults and Young people to have a voice in relation to the care and treatment that they are receiving.
Ring 03333447928 or visit their website for more information.
Need money management advice or an interest free loan to buy fuel?
Wessex Resolutions CIC is a not for private profit Community Interest Company based on the outskirts of Taunton. They work with 20 Local Authorities across the South West to meet the diverse needs of their communities, including free money advice, affordable loans for home improvement, and 0% loans to buy fuel.
Find out more on their website.
- Why not join the oil buying syndicate Newslogs which negotiates significant discounts through their bulk buying power. Contact Dave Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01823 698470.
- historical weather data for Combwich – to be updated