Here’s a selection of local links that you might find useful.
- Food & Drink
- Local Services
- Register Office
- Combwich wharf refurbishment-update
Anything missing? If you have a link that you think would be useful to add then please email it to us.
- Walking, riding and cycling in Somerset (Somerset County Council)
- Combwich Motor Boat and Sailing Club
Food & drink
- Recycling and waste
- Information and advice about recycling (Somerset Waste Partnership)
- Household waste and recycling collections (Sedgemoor District Council) Bin collection dates
- An eco-friendly guide to home lighting (useful information on a commercial website)
- Find out where to recycle what (useful information on an external website)
- Some useful resources on recycling (external website)
- An eco-friendly guide to recycling electronic waste (external website)
Police (Avon and Somerset Constabulary)
Nick Mizon our Police Community Support Officer (PCSO) email Nick
- Take a look at the webpages for the Cannington and Quantocks beat to find news and information for our local area
- Cannington Health Centre (Weekly Surgerys are held in Otterhampton Village Hall on Wednesdays – see What’s On Calendar for details)
The Patient Participation Group at Cannington Health Centre is a group of volunteers, currently eight members, who help to communicate the services provided by the health centre, and any feedback from patients relating to these services and the work of the health centre. We are interested in the opinions of patients, both young and old who feel certain aspects of the service are lacking in some way or the service provided is quite satisfactory. However, we are not a route for complaints about personal medical matters, but we can receive grievances about any problems relating to the practice itself or it’s staff. Any problems will be communicated to the Practice Manager in the strictest confidence. The above also applies to any local NHS services contracted out to private companies.
We welcome anyone who wishes to join us, in particular young people, who would like to help the community of this parish.
Contact: Mick Bulman Combwich 652713 Vice Chair, Cannington Patient Participation Group (part of the new National Health Service)
The Village Agents scheme is in response to the fact that many people living in rural communities have difficulty in accessing key service and support agencies that help maintain your well being and quality of life.
I am Izzy Sylvester your Village Agent, and I cover the parishes of Otterhampton, Stockland Bristol, Stogursey, Stringston, Holford, Fiddington, Kilve, Puriton, Woolavington, East & West Huntspill, East & West Quantoxhead, Watchet, Williton and would be delighted to assist you with any problem, no matter how small.
See if I can help you – all advice is free and completely confidential and a phone call or e-mail away. Please call me on 07931018045 or e-mail me.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Need free, impartial, confidential and independent advice?
Sedgemoor Citizens Advice Bureau is available to everyone. The drop in centre has now moved to Clarence House, High Street, Bridgwater, Somerset TA6 3BH. Tel: 01278 4555236.
If you don’t need to see an advisor then take a look at their range of free confidential information and advice on Benefits, Work, Debt and money, Consumer, Relationships, Housing, Law and rights, Discrimination, Tax, Health Care and Education etc.
Feeling vulnerable and need someone to speak up for you?
Advocacy in Somerset is a registered Charity providing an Independent Advocacy Service to vulnerable people in Somerset. Their work has a Mental Health focus helping Adults and Young people to have a voice in relation to the care and treatment that they are receiving.
Ring 01458 253053 or visit their website for more information.
Need money management advice or an interest free loan to buy fuel?
Wessex Resolutions CIC is a not for private profit Community Interest Company based on the outskirts of Taunton. They work with 20 Local Authorities across the South West to meet the diverse needs of their communities, including free money advice, affordable loans for home improvement, and 0% loans to buy fuel.
Find out more on their website.
- Why not join the oil buying syndicate Newslogs which negotiates significant discounts through their bulk buying power. Contact Dave Smith at email@example.com or on 01823 698470.
- historical weather data for Combwich – to be updated