The parish council is looking for a new councillor to co-opt on to the council.
Parish councillors are members of the community who care about the parish they represent. It helps to be a good listener and to be approachable, sharing your views in a collaborative manner to bring about the best outcomes for all parts of the community. The council needs people, who bring new ideas, feel comfortable about making decisions for the future of the parish and work well as part of a team.
If you are interested, please contact the clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.
To be able to stand for co-option, you need to be:
• aged over 18
• be a British or Commonwealth citizen
• a registered elector and have
• been a resident for 12 months prior to the day before the elections, either in the parish or within 3 miles of its boundary, or
• occupied land or premises for 12 months, as owner or tenant, either in the parish or within 3 miles of its boundary, or
• had a principal place of work, either in the parish or within 3 miles of its boundary.
The closing date for applications is Monday 4th September.